The UK’s Daily Mail has this story about the bad conditions for (even) passengers on long-distance trips. Italy has frequent stories about the poor conditions for commuters on shorter trips (see this story from La Repubblica on 10. December 2012). It seems like both countries have an existing rail system that don’t work, and yet both countries plan to spend billions on new high-speed rail links – for which, in Italy’s case at least, the justification is disputed.
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- Notes on “design speed”
- Inter-vehicle gap
- Turkish delight
- UK design guideline TD 9/93 – time for a rethink ?
- Parameters (3) vehicle type
- Parameters (2) road type
- Criticism of current standards
- Parameters (1) – fundamental parameters
- Road design standards
- 121,204 hits