The UK’s Daily Mail has this story about the bad conditions for (even) passengers on long-distance trips. Italy has frequent stories about the poor conditions for commuters on shorter trips (see this story from La Repubblica on 10. December 2012). It seems like both countries have an existing rail system that don’t work, and yet both countries plan to spend billions on new high-speed rail links – for which, in Italy’s case at least, the justification is disputed.
- Bike lanes (1) a structure of types
- UK new road design standards
- Design standards
- More notes on road design standards (1)
- Chile’s Road design manual updated
- 60 mile/hour speed limit?
- “Findability” and road design standards
- Road design and older drivers
- ARRB resources
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- 160,375 hits