I just came across a report in the UK’s Daily Mail (link) on the 29th October. It said that more bikes are now sold in Europe than cars. The report is based on an article which appeared in the USA’s NPR (national public radio) website on the 24th October (see here). The NPR had looked at car and bicycle sales in the 27 EU member states in 2012. As the chart on the NPR website shows, bike sales exceeded car sales even in the UK and Italy.
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- Notes on “design speed”
- Inter-vehicle gap
- Turkish delight
- UK design guideline TD 9/93 – time for a rethink ?
- Parameters (3) vehicle type
- Parameters (2) road type
- Criticism of current standards
- Parameters (1) – fundamental parameters
- Road design standards
- 121,266 hits