I just came across a report in the UK’s Daily Mail (link) on the 29th October. It said that more bikes are now sold in Europe than cars. The report is based on an article which appeared in the USA’s NPR (national public radio) website on the 24th October (see here). The NPR had looked at car and bicycle sales in the 27 EU member states in 2012. As the chart on the NPR website shows, bike sales exceeded car sales even in the UK and Italy.
- Bike lanes (1) a structure of types
- UK new road design standards
- Design standards
- More notes on road design standards (1)
- Chile’s Road design manual updated
- 60 mile/hour speed limit?
- “Findability” and road design standards
- Road design and older drivers
- ARRB resources
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- 160,375 hits