The Italian newspaper “Il Fatto Quotidiano” has prepared a series of four video clips here which show sections of recently disused railway lines in the country. The general tone of the films is to regret the loss of these sections of local lines, which involved substantial – and often fairly new – investment, which provided important means of access for local communities, and which are lost as a result of a questionable belief that road transport is cheaper than rail.
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- Notes on “design speed”
- Inter-vehicle gap
- Turkish delight
- UK design guideline TD 9/93 – time for a rethink ?
- Parameters (3) vehicle type
- Parameters (2) road type
- Criticism of current standards
- Parameters (1) – fundamental parameters
- Road design standards
- 121,204 hits