This week’s issue of Germany’s “Der Spiegel” reports that the Ministry of Transport will allow the use of extra-long HGVs on the country’s roads. The maximum length of these vehicles is 25.25m. The article reports a study which says that fuel savings could be up to 25%, but doesnt mention any potential disadvantages (such as perhaps problems of other vehicles overtaking these longer lorries).
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- Notes on “design speed”
- Inter-vehicle gap
- Turkish delight
- UK design guideline TD 9/93 – time for a rethink ?
- Parameters (3) vehicle type
- Parameters (2) road type
- Criticism of current standards
- Parameters (1) – fundamental parameters
- Road design standards
- 121,266 hits