This week’s issue of Germany’s “Der Spiegel” reports that the Ministry of Transport will allow the use of extra-long HGVs on the country’s roads. The maximum length of these vehicles is 25.25m. The article reports a study which says that fuel savings could be up to 25%, but doesnt mention any potential disadvantages (such as perhaps problems of other vehicles overtaking these longer lorries).
- Bike lanes (1) a structure of types
- UK new road design standards
- Design standards
- More notes on road design standards (1)
- Chile’s Road design manual updated
- 60 mile/hour speed limit?
- “Findability” and road design standards
- Road design and older drivers
- ARRB resources
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- 160,375 hits