Argentina’s University of San Juan has a special School of Engineering of Mountain Roads (Escuela de Ingeniería de Caminos de Montaña, EICAM). Applications for the School’s doctorate in mountain road engineering close in a couple of days. I believe India has a manual on mountain road design, and there are ICIMOD publications which are also relevant. Maybe this is an indication that road design standards should be looked at in terms of terrain and climate rather than administrative boundary (see comments in this previous post).
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- Notes on “design speed”
- Inter-vehicle gap
- Turkish delight
- UK design guideline TD 9/93 – time for a rethink ?
- Parameters (3) vehicle type
- Parameters (2) road type
- Criticism of current standards
- Parameters (1) – fundamental parameters
- Road design standards
- 121,266 hits