Argentina’s University of San Juan has a special School of Engineering of Mountain Roads (Escuela de Ingeniería de Caminos de Montaña, EICAM). Applications for the School’s doctorate in mountain road engineering close in a couple of days. I believe India has a manual on mountain road design, and there are ICIMOD publications which are also relevant. Maybe this is an indication that road design standards should be looked at in terms of terrain and climate rather than administrative boundary (see comments in this previous post).
- Bike lanes (1) a structure of types
- UK new road design standards
- Design standards
- More notes on road design standards (1)
- Chile’s Road design manual updated
- 60 mile/hour speed limit?
- “Findability” and road design standards
- Road design and older drivers
- ARRB resources
- London – Doubtful project development procedures
- 160,889 hits